Mike and I are working on a series for the SalesRoundup Podcast titled “A Sales Territory Turnaround Plan.” The Show targets both new hire and existing Sales people. For the new hire we are discussing the on boarding process in the first 90 days and for the existing sales rep we cover techniques on how to turnaround or jumpstart a territory within a 90 day period.
We would like you to help us craft the content for the show by providing us your ideas! This week we are working on month one.
Here is what we have so far:
The First 30 Days
- Established measurable goals
- Start to building (or review) your territory plan
- Establish written agreement with your Manager on individual responsibilities required to achieve your goal.
- Profile the top 30 accounts in your territory. For customers review each customer with everyone in your organization who interacted with them in the past two years. For Prospects, research through all the online tools everything you can learn about them and start to build a profile.
- New Hires… spend a week with a field mentor (assigned by your manager). If you are an existing sales rep, make appointments with other reps who are performing and discuss with them what is working. Have them take a look at your plan and listen to their feedback.
- Complete an “Activity Spreadsheet” for your territory. (We have a template in the download section of our newsletter) To get our weekly SalesRoundup Newsletter simply register its FREE!
- Completely review (or re-review) your companies website.
- Schedule yourself into New Hire Sales training or some advanced sales training.
- Meet with all your corporate resources to better understand how their respective discipline can help you be successful. Create an informal network
Help us craft the Podcast by telling us your ideas! Leave a comment with the answer to the question…
What should go into a sales territory turnaround plan?
We look forward to your input!
Mike & Joe